Chicken & Potato Pie Recipe – Masala TV
Forget about your diet and revel in the indulgent glory of this warm and filling chicken and potato pie. It is comfort food at its best — quick, easy and very very cheesy!
• Melt the butter in a frying pan and add flour. Cook the flour until it becomes light brown in colour.
• Pour milk into the pan and stir continuously to avoid lumps. Allow the mixture to boil for one minute.
• In a bowl, mix some cornflour with water and pour it into the boiling milk. Let the mixture cook until it thickens.
• Turn off the flame and add salt and pepper to taste. Your white sauce is now ready.
• Marinate the chicken in salt, pepper, soy sauce, oil and vinegar for 30 minutes and fry it until it becomes soft and light brown.
• Line the bottom of a large baking dish with mashed potatoes and press them down to form a thick layer. This will be the base of the pie.
• Place the chicken over the potatoes and follow it up with the boiled macaroni.
• Sprinkle salt on the macaroni and place the sliced boiled eggs on top.
• Cover the layers by pouring the white sauce over the dish.
• Decorate the top of the pie with some shredded cheese and bake the dish until it melts completely.
• Serve fresh out of the oven with a side of garlic bread. Your pie is now ready!
Arooj Waqar runs a Facebook cooking page called Mona’s Kitchen and aspires to convert her passion for cooking into a career