Pasta Salad Recipe – Masala TV
Add some zing to your life with my recipe for tangy pasta salad which is not only healthy but makes for the perfect side dish at any time of the day. If you are more health-conscious, replace your meals with it and indulge in the earthy flavours of everyday vegetables doused in vinegar and feta cheese. I promise you will love it!
Boiled pasta (any kind) 2 and ½ cups
Sliced carrots ½ cup
Sliced cucumbers 2/3 cup
Sliced onion ½ cup
Garlic paste 1 tsp
Oil 4 tbsp
Sugar 2 tbsp
Ketchup 4 tbsp
Oregano 1 and ½ tbsp
Vinegar (to taste)
Salt (to taste)
Black pepper (to taste)
• Heat the oil in a frying pan and sauté the garlic paste.
• Add ketchup, sugar, vinegar, salt and black pepper to the pan and allow the mixture to cook until the sugar melts completely.
• Turn the flame off and allow the mixture to cool.
• Add the boiled pasta to the pan and toss well.
• Add the sliced vegetables to the pan and toss.
• Sprinkle oregano on the salad and allow it to cool.
• Serve chilled. Your salad is now ready.
Arooj Waqar runs a Facebook cooking page called Mona’s Kitchen and aspires to convert her passion for cooking into a career